Zucchini Tomato Delight is one of my go to summertime dishes. It is healthy, delicious and satisfying. With flavorful garlic, fresh zucchini, bright tomatoes and a touch of parmesan cheese you can’t go wrong. These classic Italian flavors come together in a quick and simple way that will leave you wanting more.
My mother used to make this when I was growing up. The zucchini takes on an almost spicy flavor and it melds with the tomatoes, garlic and cheese. It even reminds me a little bit of some of my favorite pasta recipes. Even though it is served warm it definitely tastes refreshing. I always really love it.
Easy and Delicious
This Zucchini Tomato Delight is another great way to use your summer zucchinis. If your garden is starting to overflow with summer squash what better way then to incorporate it into a delicious warm side dish.
You can actually use yellow squash or any other thin skinned summer squash in place of the zucchini. When life gives you zucchini… make Zucchini Tomato Delight.
This is a great side dish to accompany any grilled foods such as barbecue chicken, ribs or grilled pizza. It also works really well with many pasta or rice dishes. The flavors compliment many different types of food very easily.
Zucchini Tomato Delight
To make this easy side dish simply warm a frying pan over medium heat. Mince your garlic and add to the pan along with your olive oil. You will cook it for about 1 minute, stirring often.
Wash your zucchini and cut off the tops and bottoms. Slice length wise and them chop into ¼ inch slices.
Next, place your zucchini in the pan and sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Cook for about 4 minutes, stirring often until the zucchini starts to turn golden brown in some places.
Add the can of stewed tomatoes, including all the juices. Let it simmer for about 5 more minutes.
Add the parmesan cheese, combine and enjoy. I find it easiest to serve with a slotted spoon so the juices don’t run everywhere.
Zucchini Tomato Delight
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Warm a frying pan over medium heat. Mince the garlic and add to pan along with the olive oil. Cook for about 1 minute stirring often.
- Wash zucchini and cut off tops and bottoms. Slice length wise and them chop into ¼ inch slices.
- Place zucchini in pan and sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Cook for about 4 minutes, stirring often until zucchini starts to turn golden brown in some places.
- Add the can of stewed tomatoes, including all the juices. Simmer for about 5 more minutes.
- Add the parmesan cheese, combine and serve.
Love this recipe? Please leave comments and ratings!